09 May 2011

Renew my mind Lord

They say no news is good news. Today I have to agree. They say things change in the Army and even when its in writing, it is subject to change. Well, no kidding. Looks like dates are moving around for us; not that anything is official yet. As much as I've been ready for this deployment to start for the countdown to homecoming to begin...my reaction to an earlier deployment date surprised me. I cried. Like a baby. And called my Grammy. Seems I can't find my big girl panties to put on~If anyone finds mine, let me know. I could use them. :) 

I am praying. Praying that God holds my emotions steady. That Tim knows that we are gonna be a-ok no matter if he leaves early or not. We are strong because HE is strong. I am praying that God gives me the words to properly and age appropriately discuss this with my kids. I am praying for God's mind about all of this. For mine is worldly, I ask that my mind be renewed~that bitterness or anger not take root, but rather thankfulness that God's plan is what is accomplished. God is bigger than the Army. He ordains times, seasons, etc... I am clinging to that. 

My emotions are a little all over right now~but God is quieting my spirit as I reflect on the TRUTH of His word. 

Thank you Jesus for being in my life. I quite literally do not know what I would do without YOU as the center.

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to leave you a quick note to tell you that we are praying for you and your family as you go through this transition time in your lives.

    You are going to be amazing through this deployment and it will make you a stronger person in the end. The sooner he leaves, the sooner he comes home. Look forward to the future, stay busy, but take it one day at a time.

    ReplyDelete