21 May 2011

Dirty Little Mistress...It's not what you Think

I feel like there is a mistress living in my home. Her bags are scattered all over the floor. Her very presence has changed the uniform my husband wears each day. Her presence hangs over each moment, wondering if she will steal the joy from it. She makes me cry; which I do not like. She makes me mourn for the time my children will lose with their father because of her. She makes me wonder if the time I spend with my husband is precious enough to compete with the time she will have him for. That mistress, she makes me look at my husband differently. She makes me wonder if he will be different because he knew her. She has invaded my home. That dirty little mistress...she takes my husband away from me. Because of her, things will never quite be the same. 

And, yet...we know, that she is a part of our life; necessary at that. And we embrace her to the extent we can. She is part of our journey. 

That dirty little mistress of deployment...she will change us; but we will be stronger because of her.

5 comments:

  1. You're right... this is exactly how it feels sometimes. Stay strong <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent blog, this alicia shepherd is reaaly on to something

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you are my sister, I would really love to talk to you

    ReplyDelete