21 January 2011

More than Conquerors

Yesterday was a tough day. I struggled with wanting control over all aspects of my life, particularly the Army, which as we all know is a fruitless endeavor. I prayed, I cried out and I wrestled with God yesterday. Why is this the path he chose for me? A military wife? Didn't he know that I was out at the peace rallies when the war started? How very young, naive and uninformed I was, by the way. Didn't he know I was raised in a very liberal home? How did I end up in this life?

Yet, here I am, and He promises that we are more than conquerors through Christ. That my friend is what I was missing yesterday. Through Christ, not on my own strength, am I able to conquer whatever the world throws at me, including deployments, family issues, etc...

So very thankful that Jesus willingly offers His strength; as long as I am willing to set aside my pride and humbly ask for His.

1 comment:

  1. amen sister! I sat down this afternoon, after throwing my own hands up in the air in despair and caught up on your blog. I love it! It's neat to me how alike we are:) For such a time as this!

    ReplyDelete