25 October 2013

I just have to get this out...



I have to get this out in words; I’m not even sure I will do anything with it. Will it end up on TEOM? On my personal blog (which I haven’t written anything for in over a year) or will it remain just a word doc that I used to get all my junk out? Truly, as I sit here and write this I don’t know what will ever come of it and if I will share it with even a single soul. Writing is simply therapeutic, and so here I sit, banging away at the keyboard and hoping when I stop, somehow, some part of this journey will make sense. So, where am I toda? exhausted. I don’t even really know why today, but here it is hitting me today. I went to PWOC (Protestant Women of the Chapel), a Bible study group for women found on most Army posts all over the world. And it was lovely. Everyone was sweet, introduced themselves, there was coffee (obviously this is important to me) and I went with a sweet friend and her gorgeous little baby. It was really a lovely time full of worship, encouragement, prayer and testimony. Except, when I got home, I was miserable. I cried. I retreated to my room and put on a sitcom and curled in a ball. Dramatic much? Yes, I know; it was. I found myself missing Georgia, which for most of you who know me, your jaw just dropped to the ground. Our PCS (Permanent [ha] Change of Station or in layman’s terms: a big move to somewhere new) to Georgia was nothing if not traumatic for me. I was leaving the first place I’d felt home in a very long time, Colorado. My heart still longs for Colorado, yet today I would’ve turned around and headed back to Georgia. Why? Because it was familiar, because I knew how to get to the commissary alone, because even though I despised our PA, at least we had a doctor, because I was allowed to bring Bella into her Pre-K class instead of drop her off at the “kiss n hug” station and watch her sadly wander to her class, because I knew the ladies on the PTO at Timmy’s school, because I had a friend to work out with, a friend to text complaining about the kids homework… Because it was as much home as I had those six months. I never felt quite settled there, but…at least it was familiar. Nothing seems familiar today. Everything seems foreign, from the highways, to the greeting at the gate, from the temporary name badge I received today that just reminded me that I am, once again, the new girl…I’m exhausted. I am tired of putting on a happy face and counting my blessings, plentiful as they are. Before I lose you (if anyone is reading this) or myself…I know full well how blessed I am. Really, I do. Is it ok to be this honest? To tell the truth? To share the messiness that is this Army life? To say that even though I love my life and I am so very thankful for it, that there are days where curling up in a ball seems like the only way to handle it? This year has been hard. We have moved twice. Our kids have been in 3 schools in less than one years’ time. We left a church in Colorado that was HOME, only to wander aimlessly through GA, never really finding one that felt home…and honestly just so tired of looking for a church home, that we don’t even want to church hunt. I think we will just stay where we landed the first week out of sheer exhaustion. At least for awhile anyway. I know this move will ultimately be for our good, that there are great lessons here, that we will watch our children grow here, that we are nearby to my husband’s family for the first time in nearly ten years, that ultimately it is for God’s glory, but right now…it’s hard to see all of that through the tears, the desire for the familiar and the desire to be known. To be near friends who know the full ins and outs. The down and dirty. The most awful parts of you and love you anyway. Those people who REALLY really know me…are all over the country. None of them are here. And Facebook is great. Texting is amazing. But the difference between sitting with your girls with a bottle of wine and cupcakes and chatting them over facebook…is huge. And I miss it. I miss knowing that people really KNOW me, mess and all, and still want to be around me, still love me, aren’t afraid to call me out when I am drifting, and never fail to give me a hug when I need it are just a short car ride away. 10 minutes in the car is a big difference from 10 hours…or a plane ride. The truth is, the hardest part of this journey is allowing yourself to be known first and finding people who want to know you and love you anyway.

1 comment:

  1. There are some natural remedies that can be used in the prevention and eliminate diabetes totally. However, the single most important aspect of a diabetes control plan is adopting a wholesome life style Inner Peace, Nutritious and Healthy Diet, and Regular Physical Exercise. A state of inner peace and self-contentment is essential to enjoying a good physical health and over all well-being. The inner peace and self contentment is a just a state of mind.People with diabetes diseases often use complementary and alternative medicine. I diagnosed diabetes in 2010. Was at work feeling unusually tired and sleepy. I borrowed a cyclometer from a co-worker and tested at 760. Went immediately to my doctor and he gave me prescription like: Insulin ,Sulfonamides,Thiazolidinediones but Could not get the cure rather to reduce the pain but brink back the pain again. i found a woman testimony name Comfort online how Dr Akhigbe cure her HIV  and I also contacted the doctor and after I took his medication as instructed, I am now completely free from diabetes by doctor Akhigbe herbal medicine.So diabetes patients reading this testimony to contact his email     drrealakhigbe@gmail.com   or his Number   +2348142454860   He also use his herbal herbs to diseases like:SPIDER BITE, SCHIZOPHRENIA, LUPUS,EXTERNAL INFECTION, COMMON COLD, JOINT PAIN, EPILEPSY,STROKE,TUBERCULOSIS ,STOMACH DISEASE. ECZEMA, PROGENITOR, EATING DISORDER, LOWER RESPIRATORY INFECTION,  DIABETICS,HERPES,HIV/AIDS, ;ALS,  CANCER , MENINGITIS,HEPATITIS A AND B,ASTHMA, HEART DISEASE, CHRONIC DISEASE. NAUSEA VOMITING OR DIARRHEA,KIDNEY DISEASE. HEARING  LOSSDr Akhigbe is a good man and he heal any body that come to him. here is email    drrealakhigbe@gmail.com    and his Number +2349010754824

    ReplyDelete