02 February 2011

Prevailing Peace

Proverbs 19:21
Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the LORD’s purpose that prevails.

This morning, I woke flooded with the peace of God. As I sit here and catch a quiet moment while waffles and yogurt fill the mouths of my precious children, I drink my coffee, and want to praise God for this peace.

Though the military may not have always been my "choice" of lives to live (surely there is an image of a white picket fence somewhere), I am so aware that this life is my calling. It is my husband's calling, and it is my children's calling. When Tim and I met some 8 years ago, he planned to stay in the Army just long enough to procure his mustang, and of course, I intended to stay in Korea just long enough to get over a past boyfriend. God had much better plans for us; despite our short-sightedness. I found Christ, fell in love with my husband, and the two of us embarked on the adventure of a lifetime. Our plans never did come to pass, but the Lord's purpose certainly has prevailed.

We have been given two beautiful children, more opportunities to minister than we ever deserved, Tim was able to finish his degree in Theology, we have entered into fabulous friendships that have sustained the years and miles between us...more than we could have ever planned. I'm so thankful that our Father's purpose prevailed over ours.

And, today, as I watch my children running up and down the hallway of our apartment, giggling with joy, I realize that though military life may be hard, and may not be what I had planned for my children, God's purpose prevails. They were meant to be Army brats, for lack of a better phrase. And, because of this life, they will likely be resilient, cultured, adaptable children. The Lord's purpose prevails, and brings me peace that surpasses all understanding, even in the face of babies that miss their daddy. We, have the promise that God's plans will prevail.

Blessings Everyone!

1 comment: